Thursday 18 September 2014

Contest Prep Week 25

Week 25 Overview
This week has been up and down in terms of energy. Some days I've felt like death dragging myself around the gym like a zombie and other days I've felt below average but still reasonable. It just goes to show no matter what your calories are we are all going to feel pretty crap when we get to the end of a contest prep and those low levels of body fat.

Nutrition
We made a change this week which was actually to up protein. The reason behind this is that my body fat levels are getting down there and my lean muscle tissue is now more at risk of atrophy. So this was a counter move to help stop or minimise that. It has slowed down my rate of weight loss which was quite rapid last week but it has not stopped my fat loss.

Training
Training this week has been good for the most part. My performance on major and accessory lifts has been maintaining well ie strength not dropping. I am injury free at the moment and intend to attempt to continue to train smart, not be a PR hero and remain injury free for the rest of prep. The only negative would have to be lows in energy most days but I'm just trying to manage that with good pre workout nutrition.

Progress

This week's progress has been solid. As I mentioned my rate of weight loss slowed a little as the result of increasing my protein intake. However I did get leaner especially through the lower body and this was apparent visually. See photos below:


Overall I am happy with where I am now and where I am heading. Thankyou to everyone for the continued support.

Remember you can contact me for coaching via the following avenues:

Email - evansmuscleacademy@gmail.com
Website - www.muscleacademy.com.au
Facebook - www.facebook.com/MuscleAcademy
Instagram and Twitter - @evansoooon

Until next time

- Evan

No comments:

Post a Comment