Thursday 25 September 2014

Contest Prep Week 26

The Week in Review

This week has gone by fast. It's been business as usual with work and prep keeping me busy. We are now just over 5 weeks until my first professional show and 7 weeks until it's all done and dusted at the World Championships. I won't know what to do with myself when it's all finished.

The Discovery of Caffeine

As I've noted previously I have been pretty low on energy over the past month or so simply because it's that grindy time of prep. I've been able to mitigate this somewhat by having a decent pre workout meal. Still I found I was dying about half way through my workout and losing energy. I've never been a real coffee drinker (I could count the number of coffees I've had in my life time on one hand), I don't drink a large amount of soft drinks and I've never once taken a pre workout. So I guess you could say I don't have a high tolerance to caffeine and I've really been able to use this to my advantage. Last Saturday I thought I might try having a coffee just before I worked out and I noticed a big difference in energy levels and performance (I actually quite enjoyed the taste too which surprised me as it was instant coffee). Since then I've been drinking a black coffee pre workout and I've actually had energy during my training sessions. This will continue to be a staple for the remainder of my contest prep.

Diet

We didn't make any changes to my macros last week. Everything is coming along smoothly and I'm slowly shedding a bit more fat. Interestingly my weight has actually come up a little after increasing protein a few weeks back. At the same time I'm getting leaner. Go figure.

This week I've more or less kept my diet constant with a few minor adjustments. I've increased my vegetable intake a little to increase food volume.  I've also been giving baked beans a whirl as they are low in fat, a good source of protein and carbs are pretty reasonable. Inb4 baked bean jokes.

Pictured Above: Kangaroo sausages, toast, walden farms BBQ sauce and baked beans on the side


Progress

I believe I am slightly leaner this week. Lines are becoming more visible in my quads and hamstrings. As you can see I have received my posing trunks which I ordered from Jagware. I was worried the trunks were a bit ..ahem small but having taken photos in them they seem to be about right for posing trunks.






That's it from me for the week. Thankyou for the ongoing support. It is always much appreciated.

Remember you can contact me at Muscle Academy for coaching (contest preparation, off season, general weight loss, nutrition, training):

Email - evansmuscleacademy@gmail.com
Website - www.muscleacademy.com.au
Facebook - www.facebook.com/MuscleAcademy
Instagram and Twitter - @evansoooon

Soon

- Evan

No comments:

Post a Comment